TERMS OF SERVICE
Your Dog’s Health and Wellbeing
- It is your responsibility as the dog’s owner to inform us of any health or behavior concerns regarding your pet such as illness, injury or aggression.
- It helps us to know if your pet has fleas before their appointment so that we can use the appropriate shampoo (at no extra cost) and reduce the risk of infestation to the salon, please be honest with us. If it is found that your pet does have fleas without us being informed then unfortunately we will charge a fee of £10 in addition to the groom price to cover the cost of treating the salon to prevent infestation.
- Due to the nature of the work carried out during a groom, the use of sharp equipment and the unavoidable and sometimes sudden movements of your pet, there is always a small risk of injury. We take every reasonable precaution to avoid such problems and you can trust that your pet is in a safe environment, however, we will not accept responsibility for injury, loss, death or illness suffered by your pet whilst in our care.
- Should your pet become unwell during its visit you will be contacted immediately to collect your pet. This may be mid groom meaning a future repeat appointment will be required to finish the groom. This may incur an extra cost.
- If your pet’s coat is matted we will assess the situation along with your pet’s behaviour to determine whether it will be possible to brush out without causing stress or pain to the pet. In some cases, this can be done on small areas, however if the coat is excessively matted then the only course of action is clip (shave) the pet regardless of whether they will tolerate extensive brushing or not.
- Pets we cannot groom for their own safety unless a qualified vet advises otherwise:
- Puppies – Until at least 14 days after their second set of vaccinations
- Pets that are pregnant or in season
- Pets that are undergoing/recovering from medical treatment
- Pets that have ear infections incase the grooming proccess worsens the infection
- Pets that are vomiting, diahorrea within 48 hours prior the their appointent or any other contagious illnesses.
As we work on a one to one basis, our time is reserved especially for your pet. For this reason we have a cancelation policy in place, we hope you understand that late cancellation and no shows are a loss of income to the business:
- Rearrangement/Cancellation – We require at least 48 hours notice which allows us time to offer the appointment to another customer. If less than 48 hours notice is given then we reserve the right to charge a non refundable deposit for any future bookings. This will be 50% of the total charge for your appointment missed.
- No Show – If you fail to fulfil your appointment you will be charged 100% of the agreed service price and will be asked to pay a non refundable deposit for any future appointments.
Your Pet’s Appointment
- Please be punctual when arriving for your appointment to ensure that we have enough time before our next customer arrives. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late then we may have to cancel/rearrange your appointment, this will be treated as a no show and will incur the associated charges as it will be too late to fill the appointment slot.
- The time given for collection must be adhered to as late collection could affect our next appointment resulting in unhappy customers as our ethos is strictly 1-1 appointments and loss of business. We will charge a £5 late collection fee for every 15 minutes over the agreed collection time.
- If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your pet’s groom please let us know before you leave. Reasonable requests to alter the trim if we have the required time to do so will be dealt with immediately or changes noted for the next appointment. Please don’t leave negative feedback anywhere without talking to us, giving us the opportunity to resolve the issue first. As a small business this can have a large impact on us.
- We may sometimes take photos of your pet enjoying their groom, these may be used for marketing purposes.
- Payment will be made on collection of your pet through one of our preferred payment methods, this is cash or direct debit. Bank transfer is available but the charge must be paid at the time of appointment and proof of payment given.
Grooming Terms & Conditions for GoldWalk Grooming
Address: GoldWalk Grooming & Wellness Centre, 7 Manor Parade, Hatfield AL10 9JS
We always do everything we possibly can to make sure you pet’s time in the salon is as pleasant as possible. Unfortunately, occasionally grooming can expose a previously hidden medical issue, or aggravate a current one. This can happen during or after grooming.
Working with sharp tools and unpredictable movements of animals, it is possible that an accident could occur during grooming. Upmost care and caution will always be taken, but cuts, scratches, nicks and quicking of nails could occur. GoldWalk Grooming will not be responsible for any medical conditions discovered or any accidental injury caused during grooming or any parasitic infestation at GoldWalk Grooming. We take every reasonable precaution to avoid all of the above.
GoldWalk Grooming will not be responsible for accidental death, illness or injury of the pet as a result of any pre-existing health condition.
Should GoldWalk Grooming determine, at it’s sole discretion, that urgent veterinary care is required, I agree to pay all associated fees and costs. If my pet’s vet is not available, I authorize GoldWalk Grooming to use its chosen vet.
GoldWalk Grooming will not be liable for any after-grooming effects of de-matting, clipping or brushing procedures, or problems uncovered on a badly matted or otherwise neglected coat including, but not limited to, skin redness, itchiness, or self-inflicted irritations from excessive external scratching or rubbing. The aforementioned are common after effects of shaving coats, Leucillin may be applied to ease these.
Time and costs associated with de-matting are unpredictable. I agree to pay whatever fees are incurred as a result of de-matting. Whether a dog is matted is at the sole discretion of GoldWalk Grooming. If we deem the matting to be too excessive to remove and believe that pain and discomfort is inflicted by de matting, we will shave your dog for its own welfare. We will never put a dog through pain for vanity reasons.
I agree that I have truthfully informed GoldWalk Grooming if my pet has ever bitten another animal or a human, or if they have any other aggressive tendencies. I agree and understand that I will be held solely responsible for any injury, harm or damage to property caused by my pet and that appropriate pet insurance should be in place.
GoldWalk Grooming reserves the right to refuse to groom a pet in an unsatisfactory state, including, but not limited to, behavioural issues, fleas, ticks, other parasites or kennel cough.
If we find that your dog has fleas during their appointment, it is understood that GoldWalk Grooming will use a flea killing shampoo on your dog and this will be charged at £5. There will also be charges due for the fumigating of the salon with a flea bomb killer at £10 and also an extra deep cleaning fee of £15. This totals a £30 charge that I will be responsible for paying on top of my normal grooming charge. .
GoldWalk Grooming operates a strict policy on missed appointments and I agree to that if I need to change an appointment I will notify GoldWalk Grooming no less than 48 hours before the booked appointment. If insufficient notice is not given, I agree to pay up to 100% of the estimated grooming charges. If appointments are missed on a regular basis, pre-payment will be required.
I understand that GoldWalk Grooming may take my pets photograph and it may be shared on our website, FaceBook, Google, Instagram or across any of our social media platforms for marketing or training purposes. GoldWalk Grooming will not share owner details or any pets detail other than their name.
I agree to arrive in a timely manner, I will not arrive less than 5mins prior to my appointment time & if I am more that 10 minutes late I understand that GoldWalk Grooming may not be able to honour my appointment as it would mean running late for the next client. If this should happen 50% of the appointment cost will become due.
I agree to pay £5 per 15 minutes of lateness to collect my dog after the advised collection time, unfortunately GoldWalk Grooming do not offer daycare services and are not licenced to at present.
It is understood that we will always put your dogs as our main priority, therefore during extreme weather conditions we may rearrange your appointment if we believe this is the best thing to do in regards to your dogs welfare.
I agree that i have read the terms and conditions of using GoldWalk Grooming found on the company’s website and on this contract of grooming and by signing this contract I agree to them in full.
I hereby confirm that I understand and agree to all points stated above by commencing using GoldWalk Groomings services.